Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Running Injuries and other Running topics.
Of all the injury-prevention techniques available, the simplest – and one of the most effective – is making sure that your running shoes fit properly. Here are a few tips to help make sure your running shoes fit:
• When you try on shoes, wear the socks you'll wear when running.
• Our feet swell as we walk around during the day, so try to shop later in the day or in the evening.
• The heel shouldn't be loose, but neither should there be any pronounced “pressure spots” – especially at the Achilles tendon.
• You should have about a finger's width of space between your longest toe and the front of the shoe.
• If you have to lace the shoe so tightly that there's noticeable pressure on the top of your foot to make it fit, the shoe is too big.